These are the happiest feet in Bend, Oregon.
My husband, dog, and I all love to hike! When we were falling in love, one of our favorite ways to spend time together was exploring new hikes together. The freedom to enjoy nature, let our minds wander, and discuss anything that came to mind brought us so close!
We recently moved to Bend from Corvallis, Oregon. In Corvallis our favorite hike was in the Dunn Forest. Here, we have found amazing trails just about a 10 minute drive from our home!
What we look for in our perfect hike:
- Secluded area – National forests are the best!
- Heavily treed areas
- Relatively flat trails
- Wide paths for the pup to stay by our side (and so we can hold hands sometimes)
What do you look for in your perfect hike?
This hiking trail was the perfect opportunity for me to try out my new hiking shoes we got me on a 25% discount from REI last weekend! Learn more about the REI Bend store, here.
On today’s hike we talked about a podcast I listened to on my lunchtime walk by Rachael Kable on mindfulness.
Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with stress related to past family experiences, caring for myself and my family, and work. To relax, I have been focusing on Mindfulness. Primarily mindfulness is a priority of mine these days for the benefits of:
- Reduced rumination
- Stress reduction
- And, relationship satisfaction.
Questions for reflection:
- Where do you feel most able to stay present?
- What has been your favorite hike you’ve been on?
- How can you make more time to enjoy hiking and outdoor activities?
- What benefits do you receive from spending time in nature?
Continuing my journey of having a heart for people…